BIG DATA ENGINEER - HQ in Munich - 4 days onsite / 1 day Home-Office
Would you like to work with one of the biggest Data Analytics Consultancies in Germany? Are you looking for an employer which is working on the most exciting Big Data projects? Are you willing to work 3-4 days a week at the client-side? If you are an experienced (Big) Data Engineer and your answer to these questions is a big enthusiastic YES then this opportunity is definitely worth checking out. Tasks and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Databases and storage methods; Data processing engines; Data wrangling; Visualisation front-ends; etc.
- Identification and documentation of constraints ( performance, efficiency, cost …) during the design process
- Working effectively with colleagues and clients to satisfy those constraints
- Design and implementation of end-to-end environments for data analysis :
- Writing reusable code with minimum supervision
- Quick and throughout methodical Testing
- Mentoring less experienced team members
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and thrive under pressure; manage time accordingly
- Independent research and development of novel solutions
- You overcome every challenge and obstacle in order to "get the job done"
- Working in a distributed computing setting such as Hadoop Mapreduce, Spark and on the stream processing platform Kafka
- You have already gained practical experience with programming languages e.g. Python, R, Scala, Java etc.
- Experience with a version control system like Git or Subversion
- Writing unist tests to ensure the quality of your code (Scalatest, JUnit)
Additional info about the client:
- Nobody sends you to a project you don't want to take part in
- They grew from 2 to 60 people within only 2 years (14 different nationalities)
- Very strong training program, you can choose the training and certificates
- Great company culture, interesting people and great company events!
Don't miss out this exceptional opportunity and apply today!